Friday, June 8, 2007

Moving Ahead?

Time nears for the all-important CAT Scan.

As it does, and the window from here to there narrows, I find it much harder to ignore the possibilities. Duchess is having a rough time with her shoulder rehab. Pain is with her all the time, and it is wearing her down....even as she moves toward kick-starting the movement of her own arm.

Despite this pressure, she is there for me. This past week i went into a two day blue funk! Nothing I can lay my finger on, but probably in some contorted way related to the upcoming test....perhaps more to the results of said test.

One of the things which i find amazing is the way my sights have narrowed down, and shortened in scope of time. Plans for vacations, RV trips, etc. are sitting there. I see no reason to plan until I know more. Defeatist attitude? Probably....and not a good one. We have not yet told any of our kids nor family. Will not burden them unless it is fact. Perhaps it will all go away and I'll look back and say "What the heck was I worried about?" Perhaps not.

We have tentative plans for a Thanksgiving trip to the Houston area to be with daughter and family there. Thinking also of a trip to Illinois in July to see another daughter and family. Cannot bring myself to make reservations at campgrounds yet.

Let's see what next week brings.

Duke

p.s. Thanks to Jerry for a nice comment and support....!

No comments: