Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Positive Approach!

Many, many hours of thought......some facts i put forth......

1. I can have little impact on what is ongoing other than following some basic rules, and taking good advice.

2. I need to go on planning my life as if this is a bus stop, not a resting place...I am doing so with plans/reservations for November Thanksgiving, etc.

3. Life is something in which we need to be more involved.....Does that sound like BS? It is NOT. Sometimes i find I (and I am sure I am not alone) get into my rut and just go along allowing my set schedule to rule. It is time for some innovation/relaxation/travel .....that is, after all, why I retired in the first place.

4. Your strongest support comes from places expected, and unexpected....Duchess, a cardiac surgical nurse by trade, though retired, has been a stalwart, supportive person. I know she is worried as she has talked with one daughter with whom she has great communication. That was one of her support lines. My boss at the hospital, I did not expect to get involved. He has, and tomorrow I'll find out just how much. He is a very, very learned man with mental abilities far beyond my own, and a knowledge of medicine which eclipses mine...not to mention his position which can provide me an insider help most cannot enjoy. That is a blessing.

Just thoughts, but there should be some kernels of truth in there....

Duke

1 comment:

GM Roper said...

Stay positive, that is the only way to go.